The Town of Chase City Police Departments goal is to provide both Professional and Dedicated Law enforcement Service to the wonderful citizens of Chase City, VA.
The Town of Chase City Police Department is currently made up of a large staff including ten officers and two civilian employees. One of these officers is assigned to the Southside Drug Task Force. Anyone interested in becoming a Police Officer in Chase CIty, VA, please apply when there's a vacancy available. If you are interested, please apply at the Chase CIty Municipal BUilding located at 319 North Main Street, Chase City, VA 23924. If there are any questions or concerns call (434) 372-5136 or (434) 372-5137.
CURRENT QUALIFICATIONS FOR POLICE OFFICERS
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- A U.S. Citizen
- Excellent physical condition.
- No criminal or serious traffic record.
- Have or eligible to obtain a VA operators license.
- High School Graduate or G.E.D.
- Pass Back Ground Investigation.
- Pass Written and Psychological Exam.
- Complete a several week training program at the Central VA Criminal Justice Academy in Lynchburg, VA.
- Work shift work, Holidays and weekends.
- Pass physical Exam.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Health Insurance for Employees
- Paid Vacation
- Virginia Retirement Eligibility
- Paid Uniform Allowance
- Paid Sick Leave and Holidays